Greg A. Owens is a shareholder and the co-founder of Florin Gray Bouzas Owens, P.A. Greg was raised in DuBois, Pennsylvania. He initially attended West Virginia State College on a baseball scholarship and later transferred to Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP) where he received his B.A. in Political Science and graduated magna cum laude in 2001. Prior to attending law school, Greg continued his education in History and Political Science at The University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill.
Greg received his Juris Doctor from Stetson University College of Law in 2007. During law school, he held a National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) compliance internship with the University of South Florida athletic department. Greg also attended Gonzaga University School of Law in Florence, Italy, where his focus was International Human Rights and Civil Rights.
Throughout his career, Greg focused his practice on employment litigation. Specifically, Greg exclusively represents workers in legal claims against their employers. He has represented individual plaintiffs and classes of employees (class action and collective action) in connection with claims against companies large and small, including some of the largest and most powerful corporations in the United States. Greg has represented employees in claims of discrimination (including violations of military rights), harassment, retaliation (including whistleblowers and workers’ compensation), wage and hour (overtime, minimum wage, unpaid wages), FMLA, contract disputes, severances, and employer negligence.
Greg’s wife, Gina is an educator in the Pinellas County School system. Together they have two sons, Xavier and Kyuss. Through their passion for traveling, they have visited 38 U.S. states and 12 foreign countries. Greg’s passion for learning about other cultures and meeting people from around the world help him to better serve his diverse clientele.
Accolades | Greg Owens
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2014 to Present
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Florida Bar Association
- National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA)
- American Bar Association (Labor and Employment Law Section, Litigation Section)
Practice Areas (Employment and Civil Rights Litigation)
- Discrimination (Race/Color, Sex/Gender, Pregnancy, National Origin, Religion, Disability and Age)
- Harassment (Race/Color, Sex/Gender, Pregnancy, National Origin, Religion, Disability and Age)
- Retaliation and Whistleblower Claims
- Family Medical Leave Act
- Wage and Hour Disputes (overtime, minimum wage, unpaid wages)
- Class Actions and Collective Actions
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act
- Workers’ Compensation Retaliation
- Contract Disputes
- Employment Negligence/Tort Claims
- Chapter Editor, American Bar Association’s Age Discrimination in Employment Act Law Cumulative Supplement, BNA Books